Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The One Where I Become A Graduate (Part 1)

It's official! I am now a graduate.

Behold!!

I can now contribute to Malaysia's workforce....or rather increase the unemployment rate. Either way, it won't be for long as I will be leaving for U.K. in a month's time.

12th August 2006.
This day brings significance to many of us. It is a day where we can actually declare ourselves free from any affiliation with MMU, a day where we are finally free from the grasp of sadist lecturers who tortures students for their own pleasures (which reminds me, anyone still interested in the E.T.Yeoh plan?). Many of us can actually pat our own backs and say "Yes, we've done it!" I'm sure many of us can't wait to get our asses outta here.

Everyone seemed to be excited about their convocation
but not me. Maybe it's because I should have graduated years ago, together with people my age. Nothing to be happy or excited about that. Or maybe it's because I screwed up and didn't get my first class at the final 100 metres. Either way, I was not too keen to attend the ceremony and if I had a choice, I wouldn't want to even come. It's boring, it's hot, it's a waste of time.

However, the night before I had a hard time falling asleep. Was I excited about convocation? Maybe. But I think it's because something else hit me that night. I saw how happy and excited my mother and my grandparents were.


..sometimes some things that may not matter much to you but it might mean the world to another..

I felt so bad for being so selfish. What was I thinking? This isn't just my convocation. It's also my mother's first son's convocation and my grandparent's eldest grandson's convocation. I owe them this.

26 days remaining

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with ur statement: "...sometimes some things that may not mattter much to you but it might means the world to another..." & I guess it goes the other way round too... ^_^ Congrats on ur graduation~

20/8/06 9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

caseyyy

chinhau....congrats on your convocation....till ur 2nd paragraphh i almost forgot about those flicks u had ever since u entered mmu years ago....im happy that mmu days werent wasted for you and im very proud of you....i know u will be someone great someday...live like that and best wishes to you forever!!!!cheerss

21/8/06 8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in for the "E.T.Yeoh plan".

21/8/06 10:47 AM  
Blogger -beascuits- said...

chinnnn!!!! :D:D

really happy for u!! (eventhough u may not seem as happy as u are :p) well...i've enjoyed every single class with u...(u noe how i dreaded other classes without u entertaining me) hahaha... u've done well.. am proud of u ;) uni days wouldn't be as much fun without u around ;) mienz...though i have not told u before...but really la...gonna miss u when u go to UK edi... so fast... u better not MIA arrr...come back to msia to look for this friend k? :p

21/8/06 11:17 AM  
Blogger -beascuits- said...

and oh oh oh!!!...i'm in for the ET yeoh plan too!!! (watever it is:p)

21/8/06 11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude...dun leave me out of E.T.Yeoh plan...wakakakka...

22/8/06 3:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

argh~! almost forget about ET Yeoh plan! should have done it that day itself, nvm, we save it for another time. anyway, that pic of you and siva, he does looks a bit like your lec~! hahaha~! sei noob!

10/9/06 1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home