Saturday, October 07, 2006

The One With The Beers

Before I tell you about my orientation and registration week, let me tell you about what happened yesterday. It was one of my Malaysian friend's birthday yesterday. There was gonna be a party at his place apparently so I decided to get some booze. Four of us went inside this minimart kinda place called Sainsbury. We checked out the beers (Carling, Stella Artois, Heineken, Carlsberg,etc.), compared the price and went to the counter to buy. Then, the lady at the counter asked for my ID because apparently I don't look 18 (the legal age to buy alcohol is 21 in the UK but usually if you're above 18 you can buy). I was like "What?! Are you kidding me?!? I don't look 18?!?" then she replied "obviously, why else would I ask for your ID?" But to make things worse, she wouldn't accept our student card nor our driving license and MyKad (because they were in Malay). It was like "WTF?!?" I cannot believe this, really. I'm 24 and I CAN'T GET BEER?!?? This is so stupid...so lame!!

We then left Sainsbury and went into another minimart nearby. I went in took the beers, paid at the counter and went out. No questions asked. WTF?!? So I suddenly looked 18 after walking for another 5 mins? Ish...I came up with my own conclusions though. Either the lady at Sainsbury is a racist or she has a problem with us. Period.

Either way, I have decided to boycott that place and if you know me from MMU Cyber, then you would know what happens if I decided to boycott a place. I'll never step foot into it again.

p.s. I drank 5,6 bottles of Stella Artois and Budweiser that night and ended up a lil' tipsy

5 Comments:

Blogger Nicholas Key said...

Hartkhor, have u been to this place in the UK

http://maps.google.com/?q=53°%2032'%2019.14"%20N%201°%2020'%2048.60"W

Enlarge it with the satelite view.
:)

12/10/06 9:35 PM  
Blogger hart_khor said...

u have me in ur YM list but u got to post it here don't u?

no i haven't been there...i'm in Hull
HU6 7SW

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Hu6+7SW&ie=UTF8&z=17&ll=53.771962,-0.3636&spn=0.003044,0.013475&om=1&iwloc=A

14/10/06 9:12 AM  
Blogger Fion_Siaw said...

chin~~tell me more about the chewable toothbrush~i find it simply interesting~how does it function actually?i hav no idea ler~

15/10/06 8:59 AM  
Blogger eMiLyWoNg said...

hmmm then do i look 18 if i go there? hahahaha!! im wondering...........hmmmm!!

27/10/06 4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gosh its been awhile since i last visit this hartkhor blog...haha...c..ask u not to shave d...looks more macho one...hehe...

27/10/06 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home